The 2013 Maris Farms Harvest of Terror begins its frightful season October 5th and continues each Friday & Saturday night (see below for times) throughout the month, in addition to extra dates in the countdown to Halloween. Visit www.HarvestOfTerror.com for more detailed information.
About the Haunted Woods
It’s a 35+ minute walk through a haunted corn field and forest. You’ll walk in small groups along a designated trail and perhaps fall victim to the frights within. However, expect your experience to be from the time you leave your car in the parking lot to the time you return to it. *NOTE: Fog Machines and Strobe lights are used in this venue.
About the Monster Safari
Last year’s attraction was a continuous “shootfest” over the 3/4-mile trek through the woods in a converted school bus. This season, while the “shootfest” continues, safari goers will have to battle walking dead “encampments” to survive this horror-filled ordeal. You’ll control one of the 40 customized/mounted paintball guns to shoot your way back to civilization, lest you join the walking dead that lurks the trails and resides in the woods. This is survival shooting to the absolute max with an army of Zombies to keep you entertained and on your toes. Watch out, these buses and their guns have been known to breakdown at the absolute worst times! Approximately 15 minutes long. The zombies are shy and have hidden in a remote forest on the farm. Getting to them involves a 10 minute scenic walk from the ticket booth.
Getting Tickets – Please Read!
There is a limit to the number of people that can enter each venue without compromising the experience, and the way the season goes, the final two Friday and Saturdays are often sold out shows and many people are turned away. Tickets are sold in hourly increments for the Haunted Woods to stagger arrivals. It is less of an issue with the Monster Safari as only 40 patrons at a time can board the buses for this venue.
There are 3 ways of getting tickets for these highly sought after experiences:
- Purchase regular entry tickets at the farm during our regular hours for stated prices. You will buy for a specific date and time frame (tickets sold in 1 hour increments for the Haunted Woods).*
- Purchase regular entry tickets online from our website – www. HarvestOfTerror.com. These are the listed prices shown plus an online service fee.
- Purchase Fast Pass tickets at the farm during regular farm hours or online (increased price, but shortens the wait in line, highly recommended the last two Friday & Saturdays if waiting in a long line is not your thing). We make a limited number available per hour and you’ll stand in a separate fast pass line. These are an additional $5 to $8 for each event or $10 for a combo fast pass.
* Tickets are sold in 1-hour increments. A regular entry ticket DOES NOT mean you’ll get into the venue at that time, but that we’d like you to arrive and/or get in line as close to your time slot as possible – no more than 15 minutes prior. Please keep in mind that lines still could be up to 90 minutes+ so plan and dress accordingly.
Online sales end an hour before closing. We recommend you buy your tickets at least one day in advance, if not more, as this is a very popular attraction and it often sells out (especially the last 2 weekends). The sooner you purchase your tickets, the sooner you know your entry into the venue is guaranteed. There are NO GUARANTEES if you show up to purchase tickets immediately prior to that evening’s performance.
Remember, the show starts when you get to the farm… not when you simply enter the woods.
- No intoxicants. Individuals who appear intoxicated will be removed from venue, with absolutely no exceptions.
- No running
- No smoking
- No intentional touching of actors
- No flash cameras
- No flashlights
- Stay on the trail at all times
Due to the intense nature of this experience, we have adopted a Strong Policy regarding adherence to these rules, which are intended to keep you, other customers and our actors safe. Our Strong Policy is a zero tolerance for violation of any of these rules. Violation will result in immediate removal from the venue. No refunds.
You will encounter uneven terrain and possibly areas of mud (if its rained heavily prior to your entry), and if you leave the trail you will not be able to see and will most likely encounter brush, trees, stones and other items inherent to being in a corn field or woods, or staging materials inherent to a stage production.
Special Note to Parents: Due to an intense fright factor, the Haunted Woods is NOT recommended to children 10 & under. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.
Facilities Disclaimer: Please keep in mind Maris Farms is operated around a rustic dairy farm setting and natural environments. You may encounter uneven terrain, rocks, mud, and corn leaves. Please plan accordingly. Please obey both common sense and established rules of each venue when visiting. We welcome any and all input to help us improve the venue.
We would like to thank the production crew for the Haunted Woods. We’ve spotlighted them on their own page of photos. Click here to check the crew out.